A lot of people die through accidents they shouldn’t have, because of lack of blood at the hospital at the moment of such incidence or on their arrival to the place.
For this reason, PILOLO GHANA embarked on a Blood Donation drive on 21st September, 2017, 8:00am to 3:45pm at the Market Circle – Takoradi Ghana. With the aim of stocking the Takoradi Blood Bank, Effia-Nkwanta Hospital with 47,300 mL (100pint), which we ended collecting 50,629.9mL (107pint) of blood with even more people ready to donate when the donation ended.
The project achieved the following objectives which were the target of Pilolo Ghana:
1. Pilolo Ghana was able to provide 50,629.9mL (107 pints) of blood to help restock the Effia-Nkwanta blood bank.
2. All blood collected will be tested and stored safely at the blood bank of Effia-Nkwanta Hospital.
3. Pilolo Ghana mounted a full media education (all social media platforms and six radio stations in the metropolis) on blood related diseases, how safe and simple donating blood is, as well as the health benefits of donating blood.
4. The blood donation was also targeted towards creating a system where blood donors will be compiled in a database for the blood bank. Such database was started with SEN-A during this blood donation.
5. The blood donation targeted helping people to go through basic test they should know pertaining to their health. These included full body organ scans, eye screening, dental check, Hepatitis B screening, Sugar check-ups, Vital check-ups and breast screening, all of which was free for participants and it was made possible by GC Health Centre Ltd and Revive Trinity.
Our greatest strength was with all volunteers of Pilolo Ghana, Hillcrest Hotel for providing delicious and quality food, iCode for providing us some chairs, tables and tents, Nuel’s Food Zone for providing snacks for donors, VMinc for providing graphic works and photography, EC Media for photo coverage and huge media support from Paragon Fm, Yfm, Premier100.5, Skyy Power Fm, Empire Fm, Beach Fm, GhOne and 3 Music.
For more information on what to do and not do before and after donating, Medical benefits of donating blood. Kindly visit HERE contact: 0267060509/0507403061 for further details.
Deputy Executive Director of Pilolo Ghana