The euphoria ahead of the maiden edition of the much talked about TadiFest 2018 keeps heightening with each passing day. The latest in the episodes of good news to hit the camp of Empire FM and to a larger extent the EIB Network (organizers of the event) is the endorsement one of the movers and shakers of the industry.
The Minister for Tourism, Arts & Culture, Hon. Catherine Afeku has widely endorsed and thrown herself and the ministry’s unflinching support for Tadifest 2018.
This came to fruition following successful dialogue with the Sales and Marketing Manager, Empire FM; Enoch Asare and the General Manager, Commercial, EIB NETWORK; Godfried Tesu.
The minister remarked that she agreed to partner Tadifest due to;
- The potential of the event drawing huge numbers into the Western region precisely Sekondi-Takoradi due to the numerous activities that will be activated during the course of the event.
- This will make available several business opportunities to entities like Hotels, Commercial transport operators, Local food venders and in the long run boost the local economy.
- The event also has the potential of creating short term employment opportunities and this will contribute towards bridging the unemployment gap in the region.
- The event will propagate the culture of Sekondi Takoradi and to an extent the Western Region to Ghana and the world.
The TadiFest 2018 is a brainchild of Empire 102.7 FM, a radio station in Takoradi and a subsidiary of the EIB Network which also owns Starr FM, Live FM, GhOne TV, Kasapa FM, Ultimate FM, Agoo FM and the Daily Heritage newspaper.
TadiFest is a catalogue of outdoor events put together to usher in and celebrate the yuletide in earnest. The initiative is strategically aimed at positioning Sekondi-Takoradi on a favorable scale to fetch national and international recognition.
TadiFest will take place between December 15 and December 25 with 5 big events penciled for 4 days within the earlier mentioned time frame.
Below are events lined up to mark Tadifest 2018
- December 15: ‘Project 1027: Oil City Clean Up’
- December 22: ‘Oil City HealthWalk’ & Western Music Night
- December 23: Community Gala
- December 25: Oil City Carnival